Dear Fellow JIC Members,
Kindly note that the following advisory from the Japanese government is being made courtesy of the Embassy of Jamaica in Japan.
We invite you to visit the links below. We also would like to encourage you to check the Embassy of Jamaica in Japan and the Jamaica Information Center’s homepages for continuous updates and advisories.
“Please see information from the Government of Japan in relation to matters pertaining to the Coronavirus, below:
■ Organizers of the Tokyo Marathon canceled entries from the general public due to the coronavirus outbreak.
For details, please see the link below:
■ Persons with the following symptoms are being asked to make immediate contact with a telephone consultation center (see below and attachment).
– Cold-like symptoms or a fever of 37.5°Celsius or higher persisting at least four days (This includes those continuously requiring fever-reducing medication.)
– Severe fatigue (exhaustion) or shortness of breath (difficulty breathing)
*Vulnerable individuals, such as the elderly or those with underlying conditions, should consult with a center if the above symptoms continue around two days.
Telephone consultation centers:
(For those who speak Japanese) Contact your local Novel Coronavirus Telephone Consultation Center. ( See the attached file.)
(For Non-Japanese speakers) Contact Tokyo Health Care Information Centre (Himawari)
03-5285-8181 (Available in English, Chinese, Korean, Spanish and Thai)
9:00 am to 8:00 pm (daily)
For details, please see the link below. For English, please click ‘English’ on the upper-right hand side.
■ FAQ about the novel coronavirus
-Tokyo Metropolitan Government Website
-Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare Website
■National government response:
– Meeting of headquarters to respond to the novel coronavirus held (Jan. 30, Jan. 31, Feb.1, Feb. 5, Feb. 6, Feb.12, Feb.13, Feb.14, Feb.16)
– Meeting of epidemiologists held (Feb.16)
■Tokyo Metropolitan Government response:
– Meeting of the Tokyo Novel Coronavirus Response Headquarters held (Jan. 30, Jan. 31, Feb.3, Feb. 7, Feb.12, Feb.14, Feb.17)”